Saturday, May 7, 2016

The DJ Worker

The name of our featured worker is Jean-Pierre Azar. He is 17 years old. The school that he goes to is Felix-Leclerc High School. His interests and hobbies are being a DJ and producer.  He would like to be a DJ.  Music is important to him.  He has a detailed story about it and he wanted to share his story with everyone. Here it is:


 For those of you who are my friends and for new readers reading this article, today I will be able to explain to everybody what I have been doing for the last few years. 

So, my love for music started when I was really young and I began  playing the piano. My dad taught me how to play the piano. For over 6 years, I kept playing the piano almost every week with a piano instructor. I have also performed in small concerts from 2005 to 2010. At that time, I was only playing classical music. At some point, I lost interest in classical music and moved to another style. 
Sometime in 2008 or 2009, I started to open the doors to hip-hop and pop. At the time, I was around 10 years old.  My music interest opened me to so many new ideas that I wouldn't have discovered. I used to go to a lot of hip-hop concerts like Usher, Rihanna and Maroon5. During that time, I did a piano cover with one of my piano teachers of Justin Bieber called U Smile (one of the songs). 

In 2010, a year before entering high school,  I discovered a  style of music that was really new and huge at the time. I heard a song on the radio by David Guetta that I really liked called When Love Takes Over.  I found the beat really interesting  and I went to do research on the Internet.  This is when mixing music started to attract me and this is when I was interested in becoming a DJ.  I was really like "Wow," when I discovered EDM (Electronic Dance Music)  for the first time. 

In 2011, I entered Felix-Leclerc High School  in Pointe-Claire. It wasn't an easy year since I wasn't in a regular class but I was in a resource class. I was doing some stuff and there was this party at the beginning of the year. I saw a DJ playing for my high school. The music was good but I already knew that I wanted to bring something new to the table because the guy was only playing what was on the radio. So, I begged my dad to buy me my very first DJ controller (which I still have today). It  was really cheap. I upgraded my computer to have access to better programs. I started to practice being a DJ. Then, I asked the sports and activities technician if I could play at my high school. It was the end of the year so there was almost no one. During that same year, I had the chance to discover the top artists who are in the DJ Mag Top 100. 

Sadly, the first time I played at my high school the hype wasn't what I was expecting. I wished I could have asked for better. Luckily, the following year, students at my high school were starting to become more interested in my music. They started to appreciate my talent for music and  ability  to make original mixes, remixes and edits.

In 2013, in secondary 3, I started to follow some free DJ/Producer classes. It was really interesting and this is where the real buzz of my lifestyle changed. So, I ended up following almost a year at this youth teen club in Downtown Montreal. The following 2 years were for me to learn how to make a track from start. And in only a few months, I am going to start releasing on several record labels my very first tracks. 

Keep an eye out on what's next and follow me on the social media: 

Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/djazar100 
Contact: jpazar@live.com 

Although you have the passion for DJing and Producing, you have to learn also how to run a business. So, that's why I have joined the business group of Patricia and Shannon. My desire of being an entrepreneur is only growing. 

 Jean-Pierre has known Patricia and Shannon for more than 10 years. What he likes about the business group is  the business calculations and embroidery. The business group will help him launch his musical career and follow each step that it takes to get there.  What he learned from the business group is how to be a good business guy.  It takes both sides to do a career of this kind, one side is understanding money and the other is understanding music. The gift he brings to the business group is that he has a lot of new perspectives and ideas to share. He is saving money so that he can buy new gear, promote himself, advertise himself, and for organizing shows.







No comments:

Post a Comment